Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Make up of the day and OOTD

Haven’t been keeping my promise of at least one post a week on my blog…
Today it’s something a bit different; I’m new at this make up thing and on how to do a proper make up post. Just want to show you what I used today and it will be kept as record on my blog for my future reference as well because, all in all, it did not look so much different from what I normally do, but this time the products are completely new!

I have told you before, I believe, that my last order from Korea has not arrived yet (almost 2 months, now) and I doubt it will ever arrive! Even if it did, I cannot keep ordering products that take months to arrive; I don’t have the money to invest on a big stock all at once!

This means that I THINK – not yet sure – that I may have found a nice replacement for my Korean cosmetics. I bought a nail polish and a makeup remover for eyes and lips last year, and I do like both. But that was it. I returned to this brand because I saw a beautiful nail polish on a Portuguese blog and they were on sale. Reading that information, I went straight to the site to check out the prices and what they had new. The sale prices were amazing, so when I had the chance I ran to a store with my list of things to buy, all on sale!

Kiko makeup Milano! Made in Italy! They have so many new things not only makeup but skin care as well. The offering is quite good, I was very impressed and even the normal prices are extremely affordable.


The site is here: http://www.kikocosmetics.com/ you can choose a country, but I will leave the links of the products (while they are available, they will finish soon) of the English site.

This was what I used. Apart from the eyeshadows, everything else belongs to their limited editions: Free Spirit and Colours in the World (Skin Glow alone)
 After applying my eye cream and a bit of moisturizer, only where my wrinkles annoy me, I applied the golden brown tube: Sunproof BB cream SPF 30 in shade01 Very Light, all through my face including under my eyes. It’s a chemical sunscreen, if I’m not mistaken through my researches. I like it a lot, no breakouts or bad reactions so far, over a week of usage. http://www.kikocosmetics.co.uk/make-up/limited-editions/fierce-spirit/Sunproof-BB-Cream-SPF30/p-KC02001013


  Secondly the pink tube on the right: Skin Glow. Use it as a highlighter although it’s described as a moisturizing sublime light effect day cream with SPF 10. Only used it today for the first time, so I still don’t know about any side effects, but hopefully there will be none. It’s very discrete and looks very nice. http://www.kikocosmetics.co.uk/make-up/limited-editions/colours-in-the-world/Skin-Glow/p-KS0200102400000


The blush is that golden package with a mirror showing a swirl of three colours that actually smells like vanilla! Sun Bronzing Blush in Brick Mandarin 102. A cute and girly pink colour. The smell doesn’t linger on the skin, unfortunately. http://www.kikocosmetics.co.uk/make-up/limited-editions/fierce-spirit/Sun-Bronzing-Blush/p-KC02001041

For my eyes I used to eye shadows: Eyetech Look Eyeshadow in 05 and 10. The first one on my entire lid was the pinkish one and then on the outer corner a golden coloured one that for some reason turns more greyish on my skin! The two tiny black tubes that you can see a bit of colour in them. And in the end I used the longer black tube on the inner corner because it’s a white glittery colour: Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in 01 Pearly White. http://www.kikocosmetics.co.uk/make-up/eyes/eyeshadows/Eyetech-Look/p-KM00307001

I also used the Etude House lash serum for my lashes, I don’t use mascara. This was the only element that was out of the entire kiko make up for the day!
     On my lips, besides the usual lipbalm, I used the fuchsia pink tube. Vinyl Lips Liquid Lipstick in 05 Tasty Pitaya. Very good and a bit glittery. http://www.kikocosmetics.co.uk/make-up/limited-editions/fierce-spirit/Vinyl-Lips-Liquid-Lipstick/p-KC02002011

And here are the pictures, not the best, but so you can see the overall result.
A close up of my eye to see the eyeshadows and you can see the blush as well.
Unfortunately you can’t really see the highlighter effect…
Here you can see the lipstick, because it really is a lipstick in liquid form! Nothing like a lip gloss. And my nails as well with the two kiko nail polishes that were also on sale.


Blazer by Saccor Brothers
Lace dress bought at a boutique in my neighbourhood
Lace tights by Calzedonia
Shoes by Parfois

Mid season outfit, cute and girly!

Hope you enjoyed my post. I had fun writing it!

Bye everyone! See you on my next post!
Xana 

2 comments:

  1. i'm not sure if i ask you about this or not. but what did you use to edit your photos? it's so cute >.< and nice review!

    Invite you to join my giveaway Imomoi giveaway and Efoxcity giveaway I hope you will join

    ~✿~Visit my blogs here~✿~
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com
    www.tokoluchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ótimos produtos :)

    www.semjeitonenhum.com

    ReplyDelete